Lerners proudly supports Bell Let’s Talk Day
Wednesday is Bell Let’s Talk Day 2017 and Canada’s groundbreaking mental health initiative offers new ways for Canadians everywhere to get engaged and drive funding of mental health care, research, anti-stigma and workplace initiatives across Canada.
Bell Let’s Talk Day donations are fully funded by Bell directly based on engagement by Canadians. Throughout Wednesday, Bell donates 5 cents to Canadian mental health programs for each of these interactions at no extra charge to participants:
- Every text message, mobile and long distance call made by Bell Canada and Bell Aliant customers.
- Twitter: Every tweet using #BellLetsTalk
- Facebook: Every view of the Bell Let’s Talk Day video at Facebook.com/BellLetsTalk
- Instagram: Every post using #BellLetsTalk
- Snapchat: Every use of the Bell Let’s Talk Snapchat geofilter
Five simple ways to help end the stigma:
You can help end the stigma with five simple ways developed by Dr. Heather Stuart, the Bell Mental Health and Anti-Stigma Research Chair at Queen’s University:
- Language matters – pay attention to the words you use about mental illness
- Educate yourself – learn, know and talk more, understand the signs
- Be kind – small acts of kindness speak a lot
- Listen and ask – sometimes it’s best to just listen
- Talk about it – start a dialogue, break the silence
Lerners LLP Features and stories for Bell Let’s Talk Day: