- Coroner’s Inquest into death of Mitchell Temple-Medhurst. Kim represented the family of this child who drowned while a resident in a children’s care facility.
- Stephen v. Stawecki. Kim, together with partner Mark Lerner, represented the plaintiff in a fatality claim under Section 61 of the Family Law Act. The issue was whether the client met the definition of spouse having not lived together with the deceased for three years prior to death. The action was successful.
- Saint Clair v. Anello et al. Kim acted on behalf of a woman who discovered a mass in her breast and was ultimately diagnosed with breast cancer. The action was successful with the court finding that an earlier diagnosis would have resulted in an improved outcome.
- Altomonte v. Matthews. Kim successfully argued on behalf of a plaintiff with chronic pain that her injuries met the Bill 59 threshold despite the fact that she was able to continue with her employment.
Kimberley K. Munro
- Partner -
“ Suffering a serious injury has a tremendous impact not only on you but your family as well. Your focus should be on your rehabilitation and not dealing with insurance and legal issues. My role is to shift that burden from your and your family to me and my experienced staff so that you can concentrate on what is most important – your recovery. ”
- Certified by the Law Society of Ontario as a Specialist in Civil Litigation
- Best lawyers in Canada, Personal Injury Litigation (2020)
- “Challenging Credibility”, Co-chair, The Advocates’ Society 2015 Court House Series, February 12, 2015
- “AB Lawyers Looking For A New Home – Where Is That LAT Anyway?”, Canadian Defence Lawyers 6th Annual Accident Benefit Program, April 24, 2015
- “Marshalling the Evidence!”, Co-chair, The Advocates’ Society 2014 Court House Series, February 27, 2014
- “Don’t Push it to the Limit Panel Discussion”, Ontario Trial Lawyers Association Fall Conference: Trial by Jury, October 30, 2013
- “Arbitration Demonstration based on Catastrophic Impairment”, Tricks of the Trade: Winning the Serious Case, The Advocates’ Society, January 27, 2012
- “Expert Witnesses Panel Discussion”, The Fifth Annual Straight From the Bench Litigation Conference, Middlesex Law Association, April 22, 2010
- Member, Ontario Trial Lawyers Association
- Middlesex Law Association
- Member, FSCO Bar Dispute Resolution Counsel Forum
- Plaintiff Personal Injury Practice Group Leader, Lerners LLP (January 2005-2008)
- Partner, Lerners LLP (1998 to present)
- Associate lawyer, Lerners LLP (1990-1997)
- Articling student, Lerners LLP (1988-1989)
- Admitted to Ontario Bar, Law Society of Ontario (1990)
- Bachelor of Laws, The University of Western Ontario (1988)
- Bachelor of Arts, The University of Western Ontario (1985)
- Past Director, Special Abilities Riding Institute (SARI)
- Past Chair, Acquisitions Committee, London Health Sciences Centre Country Classic Auction
Avid horsewoman and breeder of Arabian show horses, classic car and Harley-Davidson enthusiast.