- Partner, Lerners LLP (2011-present)
- Associate, Lerners LLP (2007-2010)
- Associate lawyer, Siskinds LLP (2005-2007)
- Articling student, Siskinds LLP (2004-2005)
- Summer student, Lerners LLP (2002)
Matthew K. Dale
- Partner -
“ Obtaining maximum compensation for an injured person requires a lawyer who is knowledgeable, fearless and determined. Nothing gives me more satisfaction than handing settlement cheques to my clients with the knowledge that they have received optimal compensation. ”
- Matt’s practice is focussed on ensuring that injured people and their families obtain the compensation to which they are entitled following motor vehicle and slip and fall accidents.
- Matt has appeared in the Superior Court of Justice, as well as before the Canadian Pension Plan Appeals Tribunal, Ontario Disability Support Program Appeals Tribunal and the Health Professions Appeal and Review Board. He has participated in private mediations and mediations with the Financial Services Commission of Ontario.
- Best lawyers in Canada, Personal Injury Litigation (2020)
- Recipient, Jennifer Samways Memorial Scholarship awarded by King’s College (2000- 2001)
- Recipient, King’s College Continuing Scholarship (1999-2000)
- Author, “New Slip and Fall Law in Ontario: Timing is Everything“
- Co-Author, “Jury Closings”, submitted for print in The Litigator, published by the Ontario Trial Lawyers Association (September 2008)
- Contributor, “Jury Openings” paper, presented at the Middlesex Law Association’s Straight from the Bench Conference (May 2008)
- Author, “Limitation Periods for Medical Negligence Claims”, The Litigator
- Co-Author, “What Heads of Damage can the Auto Accident Victim Sue for in Tort?”, Auto • Insurance Claims Litigation, Canadian Institute Continuing Legal Education Conference, Toronto (September 30 – October 1, 2002)
- Middlesex Law Association
- Ontario Bar Association
- Canadian Bar Association
- Admitted to Ontario Bar (2005)
- Bachelor of Laws, University of Western Ontario (2001-2004)
- Bachelor of Arts (Hons.), History, King’s College, University of Western Ontario (1997- 2001)
- Matt is an elected trustee of the Middlesex Law Association and a volunteer Board member of the Brain Injury Association of London and Region. Matt volunteers annually on the Parkwood Hospital Charity Golf Classic organizing committee. Matt coaches youth soccer in London and has coached minor lacrosse in London in the past.
- Matt is a sports-minded and competitive individual who has played hockey at the junior level and lacrosse at the university level. He enjoys travelling and has spent considerable time exploring Australia and Europe. Matt’s preferred pastime is enjoying the company of his young family.