2. Reserved Rights and Grant of Limited Licence
(1) Copyright © 2016 Lerners LLP (the Operator of the Site). All rights reserved.
(2) The Site contains information, software, communications, text, graphics, advertising, images, photos, artwork and other material and services (collectively, the “Information”) that are protected by various Canadian and international intellectual property laws, including but not limited to copyright and trademark law, and other proprietary rights, which rights exist in the Information currently on the Site and which rights will continue to exist in all Information developed or posted on the Site in future.
(3) Permission is granted to use (display or print) short extracts of the Information on the Site for personal, non-commercial, transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a limited licence, not a transfer of title, and under this limited licence you may not:
a. modify, copy, reproduce, republish, or re-disseminate the Information;
b. use the Information for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
c. attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on the Site;
d. scrape or conduct any other activity designed to collect, reorganize or manipulate the Information;
e. remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the Information;
f. transfer the Information to another person or “mirror” the Information on any other server; and
(4) This licence shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Lerners LLP at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of the Information or upon the termination of this licence, you must destroy any downloaded Information in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
3. No Endorsement or Affiliation
The Site contains links to other Internet websites. These links are provided to you as convenient references to help you locate other Internet resources that may be of interest to you. Lerners LLP has not conducted a detailed review of all of the sites linked to the Site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site as such links are developed and operated independently from Lerners LLP. The inclusion of any link on the Site does not imply endorsement of the site by Lerners LLP unless specifically stated otherwise. A link to another site should not be construed to imply that the Site is affiliated with or associated with, or is legally authorized to use any trade-mark, trade name, logo or copyrighted symbol that may be reflected in the link or the description of the link to such other sites unless an affiliation is specifically identified within the Site. Use of any such linked website is at the user’s own risk.
4. No Liability
You agree to use this Site at your sole risk and that Lerners LLP is not responsible for any damages whatsoever and howsoever caused, arising out of or in connection with the use of the Site or in reliance on the Information available on the Site, including, without limitation, direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, special, pecuniary and exemplary damages, loss of use, lost data, lost business profits, business interruption, personal injury, fines, penalties or any other pecuniary loss, whether in an action for contract, negligence or other tortious action, even if Lerners LLP has been informed of the possibility thereof. Lerners LLP disclaims all representations, warranties and conditions regarding the Site and the Information to the fullest extent permitted by law including, without limitation, implied warranties and conditions of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose with respect to the Site and the Information thereon.
5. No Advice or Warranties
The Information posted on the Site, including but not limited to, articles, case commentaries, newsletters, opinions and viewpoints, is provided for informational and educational purposes only. The Information posted on the Site is not intended to provide, and does not constitute, any legal, accounting or tax advice and should never be relied upon in this respect. Accessing material posted on the Site and/or communicating with a lawyer or other firm employees by way of e-mail or through the Site does not create a lawyer/client, other professional/client or fiduciary relationship. Lerners LLP urges all users of the Site to seek the advice of a professional and not to rely on the Information posted on the Site.
The Information appearing on the Site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Lerners LLP does not warrant or guarantee the quality, accuracy, completeness or timeliness of the Information provided. Furthermore, Information on this Site may no longer be accurate due to the passage of time, changes to the law or court decisions. Lerners LLP may make changes to the Information contained on the Site at any time without notice. However, Lerners LLP does not make any commitment to update the Information nor is Lerners LLP obligated to update the Information. You should not act upon, or fail to act upon, Information on this Site.
7. Confidentiality Warning
Lerners LLP cannot guarantee the confidentiality of any communication made by e-mail or otherwise through this Site and cannot guarantee such communication is protected by solicitor/client or any other professional privilege. Internet e-mail is especially vulnerable to interception and therefore, you agree use of the Site is at your sole risk and that Lerners LLP will not be responsible for any damages you may suffer as a result of transmitting confidential information to Lerners LLP via the Site or implicitly or explicitly authorizing Lerners LLP to send confidential information to you via the Internet.
8. Compliance with Local Laws
You acknowledge that you have accessed the Site voluntarily and that you alone are responsible for ensuring compliance with any applicable local, national or international laws, including but not limited to any regulations having the force of law. You are hereby advised that some jurisdictions may restrict Internet usage by their residents.
9. Governing Law
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE ABOVE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, PLEASE CLICK ON THE <BACK> BUTTON ON YOUR WEB BROWSER UNTIL YOU HAVE LEFT THIS SITE.